Blizzard Entertainment has announced Overwatch 2 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch (no information regarding the release date).
Explore Overwatch 2
Reunite and stand together in a new age of heroes. Overwatch 2 builds on an award-winning foundation of epic competitive play, and challenges the world’s heroes to team up, power up, and take on an overwhelming outbreak of threats around the globe.
Overwatch 2 evolves the look and feel of the world, with more dynamic environments, larger scale battles, additional in-game storytelling events, and improved atmospheric effects and shadows. Heroes in Overwatch 2 will also have a brand-new look, with greater detail and higher fidelity.
Team vs. Team
- New map type: Push – In Push, a new, symmetrical map type that will launch with Overwatch 2, teams battle to take control of a robot that begins in a central location, then push it toward the enemy base. Either team may take control of the robot at any time. The team that pushes the robot furthest onto the enemy side wins the game..
- Ever-evolving multiplayer.
- A Bigger World: Take the battle to new, iconic international locations (Toronto, Gothenburg, Monte Carlo, and more to come), from the colorful streets of Rio de Janeiro to the scenic splendor of Gothenburg.
- New Faces: Overwatch 2 will add new heroes to the roster, shaking up competitive play and creating opportunities for bold new strategies.
- Action-Packed Story Missions – Play an active role in the next chapter of the Overwatch saga through a series of intense four-player missions. Fight back against Null Sector, uncover the motives behind the omnic attacks, and confront a rising wave of new threats.
- Replayable Hero Missions – The battle continues with Hero Missions. As escalating crises break out around the world, encounter an ever-changing array of scenarios with a range of diverse and dangerous enemies. Level up your favorite heroes and earn powerful customization options to help beat the odds.
- New Factions Arise – It’s up to you and your friends to stop Null Sector, the elite forces of Talon, and other enemies of Overwatch from carrying out their plans. Each enemy faction features a unique mix of units with their own strategies and strengths, challenging you to adapt your approach every time you play.
Catch up on the Overwatch story here.
What’s Next – Your Mission Continues
- Keep Your Collections – Your accomplishments and loot collections will be carried forward to Overwatch 2. That means you’ll keep your skins, player icons, sprays, emotes, and more!
- New Maps and Heroes – Current Overwatch players will battle side-by-side with Overwatch 2 players in player-versus-player multiplayer; they’ll also be able to play Overwatch 2 heroes and maps.